Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weigh-In 3

Well, it's been 14 weeks since we started this Metabolism Miracle diet and I decided it was time for a weigh-in again with measurements.

I'm happy to report that I have lost 14 lbs. I have also lost 3 1/4" off of my waist and 2" off the chubby below the waist tummy for a total overall inches lost of  14 3/4". I still want to lose at least another 20 lbs. and about 4" off of my waist and at least 6" off the chubby tummy area. A pound a week average is not very exciting and it is less than that per week now, so I'm looking at other things we can try. The one that interests me a lot is one to reduce inflammation in your body which helps it become leptin sensitive (as well as insulin sensitive) which should help lose more weight and help the body regulate its proper weight. It is a very healthy diet with a concentration on nutrient dense foods. I haven't decided for sure, but am studying 3 different approaches to reducing inflammation and addressing the leptin issue. In the meantime, I am incorporating more of those nutrient dense foods in our food choices.

My husband was very reluctant to do a weigh-in today, but he finally agreed. It was good that he did, because now he feels better about his progress. As reported in a previous post, he had cheated on the diet when I was gone, and he told me he had put on 5 lbs. (that's a lot of cheating). That would be very discouraging. I have mixed feelings about his numbers still showing progress, because I don't want him to think he can cheat that much and still lose weight. I think he was just lucky this time. I'm happy to report that he has lost about 26 1/2 lbs. He has also lost 5" off of his waist with a overall inches lost of 16 1/2". I'm not sure what his current goals are, but I'm hoping he will lose at least another 40 lbs. and at least 13" more off of his waist.

We have not been good about exercising, so we do need to get that back in full swing. Our goal is to walk for at least 30 minutes for 5-6 days a week. One of our daughters has taken up running and ran in her first 5k this past weekend. We're very proud of her (she has had to work through asthma to accomplish this). I used to run a long, long, long time ago, and am getting the bug to try again, even if I can only shuffle. Our daughter says shuffling is okay.

Big goals, but I am determined and when Mom is determined, watch out!
This Blog is helping me to be more accountable - YEAH!

2 comments:

  1. Hey don't forget your other daughter that started running as well! I'm not up to a 5K yet, but that's one of my goals. My first is to walk a 5K then, run one, and eventually a 10, but we'll have to wit and see on that 10K one. Right now I'm trying to walk everyday and shuffle/walk 3 days a week. So far so good! And I'm 38 pounds lighter than the day before Mia was born, and 18 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never forget my other daughter. I'm very proud of you also for starting to run and what your goals are and your weight loss already. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete